Thursday, July 24, 2014

So it's been 3 years, give or take

Well... geez. It's been 3 years, or maybe a little more, since I've updated my 'me' space. Interestingly, as I reflect and try to figure out what made me disappear for so long, it seems that right about the time I started working nights, that's when I stopped doing some of the things that I enjoyed. I moved from my nice cushy job in after hours clinic, where I worked 4-8PM... to a not so cushy job in the ER, where I work 7PM-330AM. My time and sleep pretty much disappeared. Not just in the black hole of time that I work, but now that both kids are in school and I work in both of their classrooms, something's gotta give! I'm going to try to make a point to fill in some of the blank spots over time because I do want to have a place that I can come to and read my prior thoughts. It's already interesting to read what I found relevant 3 years ago. Plus, I feel badly that I don't have things written down about the kids that I will absolutely kick myself if I forget. I have been sending myself emails over the years of things I really didn't want to forget, but I know I'm missing some things. My new goal is going to be to try to enjoy the present a little more and not focus so much on work, work, work!

No comments: