Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm reincarnating as a lesbian, it's decided!

My son is 7 1/2 month sold and starting to climb up stairs, walk along furniture, etc. We are in the middle of a move so all we have right now for him to climb is boxes and crap. Not ideal, right? So I was thinking of going to toys r us and getting him one of those activity tables that sings the ABC's and such, so he doesn't have to climb dingy and potentially dangerous boxes. That's it. That's the story. It was just a thought that passed through my head in the middle of a hundred other thoughts while I was getting stuff done.

I made the mistake of saying out loud, "I was almost thinking.... well, never mind" And I truly meant never mind. I wasn't hinting, or hoping he would ask, or trying to play mind games. I realized that it was completely impractical with our money situation, and it would just be one more thing to move. Bear could climb boxes for now. So I moved on, kept packing, ran a few errands... and hours later this conversation happened:

Hub: Hey, what was it you started to say earlier and wouldn't finish?
Me: huh?
Hub: you started to say, "I was thinking..." and then said never mind. What was that about?
Me: (completely shocked that he heard me or even cared that much) OH, I was thinking of something we could buy but it wouldn't really make sense right now. (I'm not trying to be elusive, I'm in and out of the room packing boxes)

~several minutes later when I enter the room again~

Hub: Babe! What was it? What is it you want to buy that isn't practical?
Me: Geez babe, it's just a toy for bear. I wanted to get him one of those tables he can stand up at and play at instead of those boxes. But we don't have the money and it would just be more stuff to move, so I figured we'd look into that later once we get done with all this move stuff.
Hub: Yeah, that's not really priority for today...
Me: Yeah I know...
Hub: we don't really have the money for that...
Me: uh huh (still packing, growing a little annoyed)
Hub: plus we'd just have to move that along with everything else
Me: mmm hmmm (increasingly annoyed)
Hub: I'm sorry babe, I feel like I'm the bad guy here... I'm just saying maybe when we get some money and after the move is done we can get one of those for him...
Me: OK! (gee, why the f* didn't I think of that???)
Hub: I just don't know why you have to cut me off. I'm just trying to get out one sentence telling you why I don't think it's a good idea
Me: Well, it was a long run on sentence with way too many commas and no end in sight. (I know, I'm a total bitch. But sometimes I can't help it)

Oh for the love of God! I didn't even finish the original sentence that caused this whole useless conversation! I already knew all of the arguments that he would give, and agreed with them, but I had to hear about it anyhow. If you knew my husband you would know, this is SO him. He analyzes a topic until it's dead and decayed.

I told him one day that his comic book name would be, "Analyze Boy!" Can you picture it? A 6'4'' broad shouldered guy with muscles and all kinds of dork equipment in his pockets analyzing the world in order to save it? (Cause he would be a good guy even if a little annoying) I love him, I wouldn't trade him and I'd fight any broad who tried to take him, but seriously I want to deck him sometimes.

No comments: