Thursday, July 31, 2008

Acu WHAT?

So I have been having pretty nasty neck pain lately. I'm not one to take drugs or go to the doctor unless I really have to, but last week I got desperate when I couldn't turn my head to the right anymore. So while at work I put myself on the schedule and had one of the doctors take a look. He says that my muscle is lumpy and that under it there is a trigger point that is causing the pain. He suggested acupressure to relieve some of the pain. OK I'm thinking... I can handle this. He said DO NOT massage it because I'm making it worse when I touch it. OK fine I'll wait for the acupressure and hella get it massaged then, right?

WRONGO! He said acuPUNCTURE, not acupressure. My friend was kind enough to point out to me that the former didn't make sense. I looked in his notes and sure enough.

He had mentioned in the appointment that we needed to "deaden that nerve". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What if they deaden the wrong freakin part???

I'm very nervous about this procedure but I'm starting to feel as though I have no choice. I'm in pain and I'm taking vicodin just to get through a shift at work. I don't want to continue to take these drugs so I have to look into my other options. So I agreed to a consultation. We'll see how this goes. I might chicken out. I might go for it. More to come...

1 comment:

Mamamia said...

AMBER RENEE'why didn you tell me about this pain. I want you to try this procedure. I hear it really does not hurt. Keep me posted