We started off our time together by having an ER marathon on Friday night. We are watching the old episodes of ER in order. (I know, we're total dorks) Anyhow, it didn't matter if we were up late because we each give each other an extra 25 minutes of sleep the next day and it's all good.
Then, on Sunday we had our annual family reunion. We had a great time! Every year my dad's side of the family gets together at Vasona park and we have a big picnic and catch up on gossip from the past year. We take the kids for a train ride and get snow cones. It's just a nice day. This year was our 24th annual and it still seems to get quite a turnout. Kat looked forward to this for days beforehand. She gets to relax and eat all the treats the auntie's toss her way.... it's a fun time. It's been neat to see new generations come through, including my children. I mean, I was 5ish when this thing started and now I bring my almost year old baby and 3 1/2 year old. Really neat.
Today we went and had lunch with my aunt and uncle. Uncle Capi suffers from Alzheimer's disease and it is progressing. He is still fun to be with though, we just get to hear the usual stories more than once per evening. Not a bad trade for the good company :-) Uncle C doesn't know my name but he does seem to understand that I am family. He is great with my kids. I know he is faking recognition but at least he has the capacity to do that. He always asks me "where's the Big Guy?" So he doesn't know my husband's name either, but he knows that I am connected to a big guy. Kat really took to him. She knows he has an illness because we attempted to explain it to her. She decided to be his nurse and she brought him pillows and told him to rest and then she just sat beside him on the couch with her little hand on his. She has a really great sense for who needs her. She really is an angel.
After our visit at The Capi's we headed down to Gilroy Gardens where we have season passes. We didn't tell Kat, we just drove up and surprised her. We had a really fun time. She rode rides and played a couple of games. Bear is a good sport... he let Big Sissy take him on some of the rides and he didn't fuss too much.
Here are the kiddos on a raft ride. Bear actually sat on his own! I was a little nervous but he was fine.
Kat was very excited to take Baby Bear on the carousel with her! He didn't complain too much, but he wasn't super excited either :-)

Here we are on the 'hot air balloon ride'. The ride itself is barf central but the kids loved it, so I guess it's OK.
I don't plan for all of our time together to be this go, go go.... but we've had a really good time so far.
I am very blessed for my life and family... I thank The Lord every single day for my blessings :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment